We have been working on some viral films for one of our top clients.
KPMG UK’s Risk and Compliance team approached us to make four short films to raise awareness of the team amongst KPMG’s 140,000 staff. We put their rising stars on a rollercoaster and we filmed them whilst they delivered an elevator pitch. Funky subtitles were added using GUI text. The films were distributed on the Intranet and played in the reception of their buildings. The results were stunning. The profile of the Risk and Compliance team has been raised throughout KPMG. They are now seen as a progressive, exciting and dynamic department.
Such was the success of the internal campaign, that it was decided to release the films on YouTube and other video sites. Within days the films had over 7000 views, KPMG were top of the search results for “Risk and Compliance” for Google, Bing and Yahoo, both The Telegraph and The Times published articles about the films. The whole project was a triumph.
THE OPPORTUNITY: The IT Advisory Group is looking for a motivated Senior Consultant to join our growing IT Project and ERP Advisory service line. We are looking for a results driven business advisor that has strong IT Project and ERP implementation experience that can support and assist with the delivery of ERP advisory services to clients of KPMG. The successful candidate will bring their industry experience, combined with strong technical skills and business acumen to help our clients maximize their trust in their systems, information and investment in technology.
As part of our R&C team, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Supporting the delivery of our clients IT and ERP projects to help ensure implementation risks are adequately addressed.
- Planning, managing and delivering project and technical validation support and independent testing (Project Quality Assurance) over Business Transformation Projects.
- Support the documentation and analysis of processes, data flows, controls, policies, strategies, business requirements and other matters as relevant to our client’s specific IT and ERP projects.
- As part of a team, assist with the assessment of project governance, risks and controls - in the areas of project governance and project management, processes (financial and operational), information security, information technology, or other risks areas as relevant to the specific requirements of the engagement.
- Review of new and existing systems in terms of adequacy of design, controls, security model, operational considerations, conversion issues and project management risks.
- Coordination and support of workshops with client personnel to gather required information.
- Collecting and analyzing documentation and other information.
- Preparing reports and analyses as directed.
- Deliver on-time, high quality work that meets the requirements of the engagement.
THE SKILLS & BEHAVIOURS: A successful candidate will possess the following skills and behaviors:
- 3 - 5 years experience with financial system implementation and business support.
- Must have ERP implementation experience with SAP, PeopleSoft or Microsoft Dynamics (AX or GP).
- Must have a degree in a related discipline. An MBA, CA, CMA, CGA, PMP or CISA would be an asset.
- Strong understanding of the data flow and functionalities within ERP systems.
- Strong experience in testing and production delivery.
- Strong experience in functional and technical specification development.
- Understanding of Financial Accounting and internal and external financial reporting processes.
- Analytical skills in interpreting information.
- Strong project management experience.
- Strong client management and facilitation experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong relationship building skills and the ability to connect and communicate effectively with highly technical and completely non-technical business users alike.
- Previous advisory or consulting experience would be an asset.
- Willingness and ability to travel both within Canada and internationally.
- Highly motivated, committed, self starter who can prioritize and be flexible to cope with changing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and succeed in a fast paced environment.
To apply - http://tinyurl.com/3qx7vum
Steve Jobs, February 24, 1955-October 5, 2011
Apple has confirmed that Steve Jobs died today. His death came exactly six weeks after he resigned as CEO of Apple. Jobs was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in 2004. He took a medical leave beginning in 2007. In August, he announced he was stepping down altogether. Jobs was 56.
Designed by Danish artist Olafur Eliasson. It’s a 9-meter high double spiral staircase made of steel located outside the global accounting firm KPMG’s courtyard in Munich, Germany. The stair is called Umschreibung (Rewriting), and was completed in 2004.
via Philipp Klinger on Flickr